FM8 seems to be sluggish on my PC

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Jan 20 13:28:04 PST 2009

> But what I don't understand is why so many Framers are saying they work
> with some or all of the Designer dialogs open. Why? Are you all creating
> new formats on the fly, continually as you write??

Mostly it's just for convenience. My templates are stable, so I don't change
or create formats often, but I have a three-monitor setup, so I like to have
the main FrameMaker window open on one monitor, holding a two-page spread.
The palettes are open on an adjacent monitor, where they never overlap the
text, and are always ready when I need them-- without need for opening or
positioning. I've been using the Leximation RestoreWindows plugin to open
the palettes automatically when a document opens.

Mike Wickham