New Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2 and new AdobeeLearning Suite

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Jan 20 13:52:28 PST 2009

Looks good. The demo is well worth the time.

Couple of observations:
1. It seems to be fairly slow in response. Maybe that was just the
computer being used, but one would think that a demo would be created
to minimise those kinds of things. Even Photoshop seemed quite fast by
comparison. Is it sluggish?
2. It seems very clicky, I am hoping the keyboard commands have not
been lost or changed excessively. One of the min reasons I use FM is
through having the ability to virtually leave the mouse alone while
chunking through a 600-odd page book.
3. There was no mention of backwards compatibility. Will it save to
V7.*?
4. Interesting to see the integration with Adobe AIR. Do many people
use it - it is very expensive at some NZD70000 per license?
5. The new pdf review workflow looks seriously cool!
6. The TechCom suite looks thoroughly integrated. Will having FM on
its own lose some of those features, like the integration with Acrobat
and Photoshop? Already having both negates the value of buying the
suite you see.

Alan

--
Alan Litchfield MBus(Hons), MNZCS