FM8 seems to be sluggish on my PC

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Jan 21 07:58:52 PST 2009

Fred Ridder said:

Ø  The 32-bit versions of Vista can only address 3 GB of memory, so more than that amount doesn't improve performance unless you're running the 64-bit (Ultimate) version of Vista.

Yup! But you don't have to go all the way to Ultimate 64. Just as an FYI, there is a Vista Business 64 available as well - a tiny bit cheaper, and still supports 4GB (and more) memory.

One of the reasons I asked about 64 bit operation a few weeks/months ago on this list. J Unfortunately, due to some other driver reasons, I could not install that (I had both 32 and 64 bit Vista Business upgrade disks available). But I will see if I can do that in the near future since I will be changing my laptop for a faster version in a few months - it is acting a bit flaky and locking up on me occasionally.