why am I having missing fonts in FM8, and how to correct?

Kanti.Mann at schange.com Kanti.Mann at schange.com
Wed Jan 21 08:49:57 PST 2009

I never thanked all for their help.  Just recently, I read the article
from Kevin Siegel's Weekly Skills and Drills about NOT remembering fonts.
When I opened the docs with that setting, and saved them, and reset the DO
remember fonts, Frame conveniently forgot all about the missing items.

Kanti M. Mann | Manager, Technical Publications
SeaChange International, Inc.
50 Nagog Park, Acton, MA 01720
www.schange.com | Kanti.Mann at schange.com
978.889.3304
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is SeaChange
International confidential. The information enclosed is intended only for
the addressees herein and may not be copied or forwarded without
permission from SeaChange International.

Stuart Rogers <srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com>
08/14/2008 10:46 AM

Kanti.Mann at schange.com
cc
framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject
Re: why am I having missing fonts in FM8, and how to correct?

Kanti.Mann at schange.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I know FM8 uses unicode, rather than PS fonts as before, but in an
entire
> group of 10+ writers, some of us are getting font errors, and some are
> not, now that we're all using the ATCS.
>
> Further, many of the errors are for things like Helvetica, which is
there
> anyway!

More details, as requested by Dov, would be extremely helpful.  In the
meantime:  do all of your installations have the Adobe PDF printer
driver set as default, or do some of them have a physical printer set as
default?  Physical printers' drivers often report their resident fonts
to the operating system, which then treats them as though they are
locally installed.  That can cause font errors in FM.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

PLES RING IF AN RNSER IS REQIRD. PLEZ CNOKE IF AN RNSR IS
NOT REQUID.

--Owl