FM 9 - Sort Order for Paragraphs, F8/F9 keyboard shortcuts

Martinek, Carla CMartinek at zebra.com
Wed Jan 21 11:16:49 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
> This is really really bad. So what you're saying is that
> it only responds to the first letter you press and if you
> press the second it then jumps to the style that starts
> with that, if there is one?

Exactly.  If you type "t2" and press enter, the first style starting
with a "t" will highlight, and then it switches to the first heading
style that starts with the number 2, and enter will select the "2"
style.

> Sorry, but I have never had any faith in Adobe's desire to listen.
> In general our requests for changes have gone unheard/ignored.

We tried to tell them this during beta. According to the developers, FM9
is built on a whole new platform, and they were unable to duplicate
exactly some of the features we've used for years. They finally listened
when we told them that the para sort order was a big issue, and they
provided the option to change it in the last beta build. Several of us
said that the default setting for SymbolSortingBeforeAlphaNumeric in the
maker.ini file should be ON, not OFF, but at least we CAN change it.

> I think that may well be a deal breaker for me - all the other good
stuff aside.

Please, file your comments with Adobe. Let them know that YOU find this
a deal-breaker, and why.

Now, all that said, a couple of the beta testers who write FrameScripts
said they could probably come up with a script to solve this issue. I'd
certainly pay for the script if they do.

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.