Footnotes and paragraph formatting

Callie Bertsche c.bertsche at tecplot.com
Tue Jan 27 09:30:49 PST 2009

Does anyone know of a way to add footnotes in a FM document without
disrupting the line spacing? Every time I add a footnote, it increases
the line spacing just for the line that includes the footnote reference
number. It's driving one of my product owners crazy, so I'm looking for
a solution. We noticed that in Word 2007, this problem is solved by
having a little larger default line spacing, into which a footnote ref
number comfortably fits. I tried increasing the line spacing of the
paragraph in FM, though, and it hasn't helped. I've also tried adjusting
the footnote settings in Format > Document > Footnote properties, but
the only thing I can do there to help is adjust the position to
Superscript, Baseline, or Subscript, and although Baseline results in no
line spacing change, the number no longer looks like a footnote.

I'm grateful for any suggestions! If you reply to me directly I'll
receive it the fastest, since I have Framers set on Digest mode.
Thanks!

Callie Bertsche
Technical Writer

Tecplot Inc. | Enjoy the View