FM9 Upgrade

Scott White swhite at alamark.com
Tue Jan 27 12:57:15 PST 2009

We get this exact same response with all but one printer we use,
"These are RGB you need to fix."
I don't understand why they give us the runaround as they have the
software and ability to take just about any rgb pdf and make the
necessary plates for printing.
I have to get on the phone with them time and time again about this. I
have to do this for all my clients who want to print as well.

I'm hoping the FM9 can at least make these print houses happy by
giving true 4-color or 2-color output like the old FM 7.0 on the mac
did.
What I have seen is if I "save as" the PDF file comes out right as
long as my setup is correct on my end.
I now have a sample sent to my reliable printer, the one who never
questions my jobs but just does the transformation for me, of a PDF
created using FM9, setup for four-color, and acrobat distiller. We
shall see.

Scott White
Media Production Manager
Implementation Coordinator