Logging FrameMaker book errors in a text file

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 05:58:30 PDT 2009

I don't think you need scripts or FDK clients.  Can't you just find/change on the book?  Of course, I forget the find char sequence for a Shift-Return, but I'm fairly sure it exists...  (I always like to advocate the low-tech solution if at all possible.)

cud

Lynne Price says...
Gordon,
   Structured documents give you much more control of FrameMaker XML output
than do unstructured documents. If you must stick with an unstructured
approach, I recommend globally replacing the forced return with a
recognizable string (e.g., "FORCED RETURN" or even the HTML "<br>" that you
probably eventually want) that will not otherwise occur in your documents
before generating the XML. You can use an FDK client or FrameScript to make
this change in a temporary copy of the documents. Your HTML generator can
look for this string and process it appropriately.
[SNIP...]