Save As not working with Acrobat Pro 9.0- issue still not resolved

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Jul 6 08:25:40 PDT 2009

> To be as clear as possible, the "save as PDF" feature of FrameMaker 7
is not at all compatible with Acrobat 7, 8, or 9!

> 	- Dov

Folks, I have to ask if this is categorically true for everybody ...
because, my experience with "Save as PDF" to Acrobat has been just fine
over the years.

I have used all versions of FM 6, 7, and 8 (for FM 9, evaluation only
for a few weeks) with the various *similar* Acrobat generations
available at those times (including FM 7.2 with Acrobat 8) and have not
had any major difficulties with the "Save as PDF" from within FM.

(Other than the issue with having to change the paragraph tag settings -
one time for any given document - for the PDF generation back and forth
a few times till I get the sequence right and prevent the now-expected
FM crash. But that is a one-time frustration - albeit silly and
aggravating and I wish Adobe would fix it - with any given document and
any given version change of FM or Acrobat. After making the changes to
the settings for a document, when using a new version of FM, the "Save
as PDF" works perfectly for me from then on.)

In fact, having tried both "Save as PDF" and "Print to PDF" (only a few
times though), with "Save as PDF" I'd say I get better results, since it
gives me the heading markers and window automatically ... which I was
not able to figure out afterwards with "Print to PDF", so I gave up on
that fairly quickly.

Is this perhaps a case of "YMMV" rather than a clear problem for
*everybody*?