Save As not working with Acrobat Pro 9.0- issue still not resolved

Garnier Garnier garnier_framescript at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 6 19:57:41 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I too have been using FM 7.0 with distiller 5.0 for 3 years and "Save As" was working just fine.

Other writers are using FM 7.0  and Acrobat Pro 8.0 since the last one year and "Save As" is working just fine.

The issue is with FM 7.0 and Acrobat Pro 9.0. I have tried all suggestions provided on the list including the patch sent by Adobe. NOTHING works. With the patch pdf is generated but fonts in the document changes and the consfile.txt is empty. I tried on a new clean machine. It still did not work. As mentioned Printing to ps and then converting to pdf works fine. I have over 300 manuals and definitely cannot convert them manually to ps and then to pdf. I use script to autogenerate the pdfs and the script does not work with Acrobat 9.0.

I also got to know that other writers who are not part of the list too are facing similar problems and in their case too the patch did not work. The patch is fine if one needs to convert to pdf randomly but not for a set of 300-350 manuals with over 700 pages each.

B/R
Garnier

I feel like I shouldn't even say this out loud now--I've been using Frame 7..0 and Acrobat Pro 7 together for a  couple of years, and Save as PDF works like a charm for me.

Where's some wood to knock on?

Bob
"Let what comes, come,
Let what goes, go,