Importing a Word Doc into Frame v9.0

Tori Muir tmuir at spot-on-creative.com
Mon Jul 13 15:06:41 PDT 2009

Having just completed rebuilding a 450-page Frame book that my client
created by importing a Word doc, then round-tripping chunks of content
between Frame and Word a couple of times, I'd second that. Word metadata can
really munge up a Frame document. It got so bad that attempting to open a
cross-reference in certain chapters would crash Frame every time, and it was
impossible to print the book.  Added bonus of rebuilding is we've *finally*
gotten rid of the wretched 'missing font' messages. Skipped the step about
saving to a text file, though-- just copied and pasted chunks from Word,
choosing the Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted Text option.

Also, re Art's suggestion to bring in graphics that have been embedded in
Word by saving to HTML, that creates a low-resolution .gif version of the
graphic. I find the extra hassle of re-creating the graphics by copying and
pasting from Word into Photoshop/Paint worth it due to the superior graphic
quality.

Tori Muir