Automated way to import formats? YES!

William Courington billcour at sonic.net
Wed Jul 15 18:24:19 PDT 2009

The fmbatch command supplied with Unix Frame can do it (and much else).

Here's an example command file that tells fmbatch to import variables
(v option) to all files in a book:
Open DevGuide.bkt
Open variables.fm
ImportFormats v DevGuide.fmt variables.fm
Save DevGuide.bkt
Quit DevGuide.bkt
Quit variables.fm
Quit

Thanks to Art Campbell and Fred Ridder for suggesting alternatives
which indirectly led me to taking a closer look at the -- ulp --
fmbatch documentation.

   Bill