Index of Scripture References

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Jul 16 09:49:56 PDT 2009

Hi Roger,

You should be able to change the sort order using the bracketed sort text.
You could set a numeric value for each of the biblical books, depending on
their placement in the Bible. For example, Romans 3:12 could be [45003012],
where 45 is the book number, 003 is the chapter, and 012 is the verse.
Notice that the chapters and verses are padded out to 3 characters to
accommodate, for example, Psalm 119:105. Books are padded to 2 characters,
so Genesis 1:1 would be [01001001].

To make this practical, you could use FrameScript to read the references in
the markers and add the appropriate bracketed text to the end of each
marker. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
rick at frameexpert.com
585-659-8267

Hello All

I have a document that contains Bible references as footnotes (e.g. Romans
3:12). I'd like to construct an Index of Scripture References at the end of
the book, listing the references in biblical order rather than alphabetical,
but this presents problems for the sort order. Some widely spaced books
start with the same letter (e.g. Ruth and Romans), while others start with a
number (e.g. 1 Samuel, 2 Corinthians).

My assumption is to use an index of markers. On the reference page I've been
playing with the group titles (removed 'em) and the Sort Order
(<$numerics>, etc.). I've also tried setting the sort order within the
marker itself using the [aaa] idea. However, no progress. I see such indexes
in
published books and can't imagine they are created and maintained by hand.
Any ideas? I'm using FM 7.1.

Thanks.

Roger Shuttleworth

London, Canada