Section Numbering Problem in Frame 9

Dustin Wilcox dustin at wilcoxconsulting.net
Mon Jul 20 12:07:54 PDT 2009

Hello all
Have a problem I hope you can help me with. Building a manual for a client
in which they want each section as a separate file. I'm using $chapnum and
$sectionnum to derive my numbering scheme. I set the section number in each
file (not from the book, it's greyed out when trying it from the book) and
it filters down as it should. The problem arises when I pull all the section
into a book to create a chapter. When I update the book all my section
numbers revert back to 1. If I uncheck numbering in the update book dialog
box, the problem goes away. But that's a bad work around that causes other
problems and not a fix. I can't see anything in my autonumbering that is
causing it nor does Googling reveal any bugs. Has anyone else ran into this?
Any ideas to try?

Thanks

Dustin