Request Info on DocBook

Gary Schnabl gSchnabl at SWDetroit.com
Thu Jul 23 08:17:00 PDT 2009

Art Campbell wrote:
> Gary,
> Hasn't 5.1 been released to fix the problems that 5.0 had? I was
> hearing about it, but don't use it (yet) so I haven't tracked it down.
>
> Art
>
> Art Campbell

I did not know that 5.1 was available. The DTD nonnormative version of
5.0 was admittedly incomplete, though. Some (all?) of the HTML elements
were listed as being part of other element definitions but were not
referenced themselves.

However, what there was of 5.0 was much more detailed than 4.5. I tried
making a DTD from the normative version of 5.0, but the software did not
work as it should.

Gary