Adding files to book results in reverse order

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:12:35 PDT 2009

This is a Windows issue rather than a FrameMaker issue, per se. FrameMaker has always worked this way on Windows platforms, and probably always will because it uses the Windows file selection dialog, which doesn't pass the files to the application in the same order in which the user lists them.

One thing you can try is selecting the files in reverse numerical order (e.g. from the bottom of the file browser to the top, or from top to bottom with the sort order inverted). But even this doesn't work perfectly because either the first file or the last file (I don't remember which at them moment...) will still be at the wrong end of the list. But at least you only have to reorder one or two files instead of all of them.
-Fred Ridder