Section Numbering Problem in Frame 9

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Thu Jul 23 11:31:33 PDT 2009

At 06:41 AM 7/23/2009, Dustin Wilcox wrote:
>Thanks, Lynne. That fixed my problem. It was confusing that you could set
>the section number in the files, but then had to override it in the book
>with folders. All part of learning Frame 9.

Dustin,
   It is confusing. Still, FM must let you set numbering properties in a
document so that the document can be used when it is not part of a book.
Given that requirement, it makes sense that updating a book should reset
whatever numbering properties are stored in an individual file.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284