Mif2Go SmartSplit function

Martha Lee martha.lee at coventor.com
Wed Jul 29 09:51:32 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 and Mif2Go 3.3 to generate OmniHelp. I tried to
invoke the SmartSplit command under [HTMLOptions] to prevent dangling
headings (section title appears all by itself), but it's not working. Most
likely I've got two conflicting settings, but I can't figure out what it
might be. Here's the relevant part of my .ini file:

[HelpContentsLevels]
; Fill in FM head para formats and their level here
Section Title=1
Title=2
Title_top=2
Heading 1=3
Heading 1top=3
Heading 2=4
Heading 2top=4

[HtmlStyles]
Notes=NoSplit
Title=Split
Title_top=Split
Heading 1=Split
Heading 1top=Split
Section Title=Title Trail

[HTMLOptions]
ObjectIDs=All
FileSuffix=.htm
NoFonts=Yes
AlignAttributes=No
AllowOverrides=No
StartingSplit=No
SmartSplit=Yes

SmartSplit works for the Title/Heading 1 combination, but not for the
Section Title/Title combination. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Martha Lee
Documentation Department
Coventor, Inc.