Epic x FrameMaker x Epic XML glitches?

Paul Nagai naglists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:29:40 PDT 2009

Hi Art,
I am not aware of anyone doing this as part of their workflow. I do
subscribe to the theory, however, that the active word in "round tripping
XML" is "trip." Preserving, adding, removing, re-adding, ignoring "special"
stuff each application might require (think processing instructions) can be
challenging. Forget about the complexity of the ... forgive me, I forget the
exact Frame term ... "edit rules" (the structure map used during
import/export or open/close or something along those lines).

Maybe if your customer is using extremely small, simple chunks the effort
could be worth it. But if that were so, you probably wouldn't prefer to use
Frame if possible (making all sorts of wild assumptions about what you're
trying to do).

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 6:07 AM, Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com>wrote:

> A client is currently using Epic as their XML editor.
>
> Has anyone run into any problems round-tripping Epic XML files (with
> DTD) through FM 9 and back into Epic?
>
> TIA,
> Cheers,
> Art
>
> Art Campbell
>               art.campbell at gmail.com
>  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52
> Vincent and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
>                                                      No disclaimers apply.
>                                                               DoD 358
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/naglists%40gmail.com