Push or Click???

William Abernathy william at inch.com
Mon Jun 1 21:49:02 PDT 2009

My personal preference is to say "click," and, following your example, avoiding
the useless prepostion in "click on..."

This is not a question that admits of a "right" answer. Check your client's or
employer's house style guide. If there's a suggestion there, follow it. If there
isn't, add the rule. If there isn't a house style guide, lobby to start one.  If
you need to appeal to an authority, the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical
Publications is a good resource for GUI-specific terminology.

--William