installation of FrameMaker 8 not completed - automatic rollback

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:51:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to install FrameMaker 8 on a development machine running Windows
2003 Server.  On this machine we already have FrameMaker 7.0.

At the very end of the installation procedure (I had C:\Program
Files\Adobe\FrameMaker8 open and saw the files) just before it says that
everything is fine, I get this screen that says that a rollback is being
performed.  At the end, the installation wizard finishes with the following
screen:

"The wizard was interrupted before Adobe FrameMaker 8 could be completely
installed.  Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at
another time, please run setup again.  Click Finish to exist the wizard."

I have tried and succeded installing the same copy on a Windows XP Pro
machine without problems.  Also, I never had any problems installing
different FrameMaker versions in parallel. Finally, yes I have
administrative privileges on this machine.

Thanks for hints and help,
Jakob.