installation of FrameMaker 8 not completed - automatic rollback

jdeland1 at comcast.net jdeland1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 06:07:59 PDT 2009

I had this problem with the same version a couple of days ago on a pristine, newly partitioned and formatted drive. What worked for me was to set up a dummy User Account and log in as that user, then install - and the only other account was Administrator. (!)  This also fixed an identical problem with RoboHelp 7 installation.  Why it works, I don't know, but I found this solution on the Adobe Support site.

Jack