installation of FrameMaker 8 not completed - automatic rollback

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:22:40 PDT 2009

Thanks for your replies so far everybody.

Helen, I don't think we have the same problem because we do not install the
PDF maker component (and never have). Also, the rollback + the reported
message appear exactly one step before I'd expect the PDF Maker installation
routine.

Jack, I created a user as you suggested, but it didn't change a thing,
unfortunately.

Art, there is no antivirus on this machine (it's a dev machine, not
connected to a network ...). And no, I haven't tried to reboot it into
safe-mode (is this possible with Windows 2003 Server?).

So, please let the suggestions coming!  I may uninstall FrameMaker 7.0, just
to see if it makes a difference.

Thank you again,
Jakob.