FrameMaker and SharePoint

Fred Staal Fred.Staal at schilling.com
Thu Jun 4 11:25:21 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Currently, our FrameMaker files and referenced graphics (etc.) are archived in a network environment (with FM licenses on individual computers).  Soon, a large number of graphics (in PDF) that COULD be imported by reference into Framemaker will be available within SharePoint.

This is all new to me, and I am in the process of learning about the benefits and issues with using files kept in Sharepoint If you are currently working in this type of environment, or using SharePoint to hold the .fm files as well, I would appreciate your comments on how well the process works, what to watch out for, or any information sources that are available.

Thanks,
Fred

Fred Staal
Supervisor, Technical Publications