Print Book-PDF Setup Drops Bookmarks

Corcoran, Susan Susan.Corcoran at Honeywell.com
Fri Jun 5 11:00:22 PDT 2009

Hey Fellow Framers,

I was just teaching some folks how to use FM 9 (on Win XP) when we ran
into some interesting problems.  The first is one I've mentioned before
in this forum, although now I can re-create it.  It has to do with the
Paragraph Designer getting stuck.  You can click on the icons to set the
Default Font, Pagination or, but the Para Designer pod remains on the
Basic view and will not switch or accept any actions.  The only fix is
to restart FM.  I found that this occurs when you are creating a new
paragraph tag and set a tab using the ruler at the top of the doc.  When
you click Apply or Update All, the designer becomes catatonic and you
have to restart.  Sometimes this occurs when you put in a tab, then take
it out, but seems related to using the ruler to do so.  So my
recommendation is to set your tabs numerically using the Basic tab in
the Para Designer until this bug is fixed.

The second problem I saw occurred when printing a book.  I can use PDF
Setup to set my bookmarks, but I cannot save them.  I click the Set
button, then make my print.  The next time I open the Print Book panel,
my bookmark settings are gone and they're back to their defaults.  So
every time I make a print, I have to set my pdf bookmarks.  Sigh.

Has anyone else seen these glitches?

Susan Corcoran