Frame2PDF :: some XRef links dead in PDF

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Jun 16 08:22:21 PDT 2009

Baruch Brodersen wrote:
> Hello Framers,
>
> Cross-posted to the Frame2Acrobat list.
>
> We single source many books using shared content with conditional text and distill using TimeSavers. Some of the resulting PDFs are showing up with dead internal cross reference links. Some are dead, while others are OK. The book and Frame files are all updated prior to printing. Examining the dead links in the PDF reveals a live link but no corresponding named destination. Going back to the source Frame files, the links all work using Ctrl-Alt click without updating or doing anything to the file other than testing the link.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> FM 7.2 p158
> Win XP SP3
> Acrobat 8.1.2
> TimeSavers 5.5.6

Have you turned on Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs in the
PDF setup dialog box?  Doing so can bloat the PDF, but if you
subsequently do a Save As (you can keep the same PDF name), unused
destinations will be removed and file size will shrink.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator