Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:20:23 PDT 2009

Syed,

I suspect this figure is made in TeX/LaTeX or some other application
using a special font for this purpose. You might probably find a font
somewhere but most likely at a cost.

TeX/LaTeX comes for free as in beer and as in speech, including a lot of fonts.

So, not much help here. :-(

Bodvar

2009/6/15  <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net>:
> Hi, all.
>

> I am using FrameMaker 8 on a Windows Vista system.
>

> How can I insert a "horizontal range brace" character or graphic like
> the ones used in figure 3-4 on page 23 of this paper:
>

> "h t t p : / / w w w . c d g . o r g / resources / white_papers /
> MEID_EUIMID_Migration . p d f"
>

> (All these e-mails from me to the list are bouncing. I assume they are
> not going through due to the above URL. I will try again with many
> spaces inserted. Please remove them to get to the file.)
>

> The figure uses downward (and one upward) pointing brace-like "range
> delimiters" that I'd like to do in a similar way for some diagrams I am
> working. And to be able to simply and easily stretch them horizontally
> to grow and shrink them as needed for other ranges. Without messing up
> the quality of the curves at each end - i.e., make them look similar.
>

> I can do everything else in that figure pretty easily, but I am stumped
> on this particular item! I thought about trying to use the Equation
> editor (did not see anything useful), or rotating a "{" text box (looked
> messy when stretched), but these attempts did not work. The graphics
> drawing tools just seem too limited for this ...
>

> I am trying to avoid any tools outside FrameMaker to achieve this
> result, by the way.
>

> Thoughts? How have other people done anything similar?
>

> Thanks in advance,

"Life is not only a game--it is also a dance on roses."
	--Fleksnes (Rolv Wesenlund)