Very slow loading of FM6 files into FM9

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 07:15:43 PDT 2009

First, your RAM and disk free space are way low...  That is likely to
be the problem, although it may be compounded if your anti-virus
program scans every file as it opens. And you don't mention your
network speed, which may be a factor.

Even Adobe is recommending 1G of RAM, but in the real world, more than
2G of RAM would be a minimal amount for this config, and you'd need
more if you run any graphics-intensive programs simultaneously. Just
as a BTW, RAM is cheap right now...
And in general, you'd want to have a third to half of the hard drive
free for swap space and temp files. If you haven't cleaned up the hard
drive with a utility lately, it may be time.

One thing you might try is saving the converted files out as MIF to
clean up any residual unused references or characters, but I'd say
your machine just doesn't have enough horsepower.

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358