Overset Manager (or a similar Framescript) for FrameMaker?

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Jun 18 06:43:03 PDT 2009

Hi Yves,

If you can't find something, let me know, and I can write you a FrameScript script to do this. Depending on your exact requirements, the cost should be under $150. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
rick at frameexpert.com
585-659-8267

Hi

One of the ways to add callouts to a graphic, is by placing a text frame in
the anchored frame and typing the callout in this text frame. However, when
this text is translated, you get text expansion, and the text frame may
become too small. Apparently, this phenomenon is called "overset". For
InDesign, there is an Overset Manager plug-in:

http://www.vjoon.com/products/plug-ins/overset-manager/

Does anyone know of a similar plug-in for FrameMaker or a framescript which
can detect and report "overset"?

Thanks in advance.

Yves Barbion • Managing Director • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor
www.scripto.nu  • skype: yves.barbion  • T: +32 494 12 01 89