Creating an FM9 Style to Apply Forced Page Breaks

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:37:27 PDT 2009

Stuart Rogers wrote:

> I use a "PageBreak" tag defined with 2pt font and 999pt space below,
> inserted (with no content) immediately before the pgf that should move
> to the next page or column.

I used a similar approach at a previous employer. But because we would globally delete all "PageBreak" paragraphs so that we could re-do the manual page breaks after a file was edited significantly, we wanted to ensure that nobody put any text in the special paragraphs. Instead of using a 2 pt font, we set the line spacing to be 2 pts, but set the paragraph font to some obviously decorative face (e.g. Cooper Black or some script face) in 14 pt red.

-Fred Ridder