Creating an FM9 Style to Apply Forced Page Breaks

Tue Jun 23 12:51:16 PDT 2009

Writer wrote:

> On the Pagination tab of the Paragraph Designer, you can set the
paratag to
> start at the top of the next page by setting Start to Top of Page.
>
> For example, if you have an H1 tag, you can create a "twin" tag called
> H1_break, but set it to start at the top of the next page.

Alison Craig replied:

> I'd already thought of that, but... won't it affect the auto-creation
of
> TOC entries from Headings?

You just need to:

1) Add H1_break to the Include Paragraphs Tagged list in the Set Up
Table of Contents dialog.
2) Add an H1_breakTOC paragraph to the reference page TOC flow (just
copy the H1TOC pgf and rename it).

That said, I'd rather have one PageBreak tag (with a large Space Below
setting) than clutter up the pgf catalog with alternate versions of
every paragraph tag I might want to put a page break before.

HTH!

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer