Can Word identify graphic file names?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Jun 30 13:26:07 PDT 2009

I've been given a CD with over 1500 graphic files of all formats on
it. These graphics are used in a MSWord-formatted manual that I need
to convert to FrameMaker. Unlike FrameMaker, which can easily
generate a list of external files used and will also display the
filename of each referenced graphic, to my knowledge there is no way
to determine the filename of any graphic used in a Word doc.

I can easily generate a thumbnail catalog of the graphic files on the
CD using Photoshop so that I can visually locate each photo in the
manual. But geez I so seriously do not want to have to do that. Does
anyone know a workaround in Word that will help me identify all of
these graphic files? A macro? I am not a Word guru so all help is appreciated.

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773