Printing to a .pdf

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sun Mar 1 18:19:51 PST 2009

Greg. Eckrich wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> -XP runs as a guest (in VM mode) on the Intel-powered MacBook Pro due
> to a program called Parallels.
>
> -There is only one 'system' involved which is the Mac Book Pro.  It
> is running two O/S's:  10.4, the host and XP the VM guest.
>
> -The PS printer driver is installed under XP.  XP and Frame both see
> this printer.  Apple does not, nor does it need to do so.
>
> Hope this adds clarity to the inquiry.

Yes it does.

I think Art asked the question. Do you have Adobe PDF installed under XP? If
not, I think you need to. It comes with FM and will enable, for example, Press
Quality settings that a desktop laser printer driver may not. I know nothing
about "GCC BLP Elite v52.3" but it appears to me that it provides desktop
laser support only and may not be able to address colour and resolution
requirements for press-ready output.

Cheers
Alan

--