cross book cross-references

Crimmin, Peter Peter.Crimmin at nuance.com
Mon Mar 2 08:02:46 PST 2009

Regarding cross-references that span across books.

BACKGROUND

I reviewed framer archives and I'm able to create functioning
cross-references in the resulting PDF files.
For example, a cross-reference in myBook1.pdf can find its target inside
of myBook2.pdf.

PROBLEM

But... this only works when generating the PDFs from FrameMaker. Are
there any WebWorks Automap users who use this feature?

When I generate the PDFs with Automap, the cross-references attempt to
find their targets in the individual chapter files instead of in the
generated book file. For example, a cross reference in myBook1.pdf
attempts to find its target inside myChapter2.pdf, which does not exist
(because it is generated inside myBook2.pdf).

Solutions?

Peter Crimmin
Documentation Manager

NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.