[fmforosx] RE: Dreaded Distiller barf... it was the font

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 02:39:05 PST 2009

At 10:11 +0100 4/3/09, <philippe.mertens at oecd.org> wrote:

>Now more technically, to use a new font with the Distiller you need it to be found by Acrobat in its Font Watched Folder. Maybe you could solve your problem by just adding a copy (or a shortcut) of your original Monotype Fonts in that folder (Parameters Tab, Font Folder - or CTRL+L).

All the fonts are in the Classic fonts folder, and this is referenced in Distiller. Distiller is 'seeing' the font ok, it's just something about the font  that is causing it to crash.

Monotype tech support have accepted this and are looking into it. (Linotype is now owned by Monotype).

I appreciate that the same font is often available from different suppliers, and that this can sometimes cause problems, It certainly has caused me problems in the past, in my case with multiple but incompatible versions of Frutiger. However, in the case the font and foundry are specified by the publisher.

--
Steve