Diff Comparison between FrameMaker and Word

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:32:58 PST 2009

Joseph,

I think the problem you're facing is separating the content changes
from the formatting.Because all the formatting has changed, I think
most of not all the book would be identified as "changed" even if the
content is unchanged.

So I'd think about exporting each of the drafts to text and trying to
compare those.

***
That said, the translation companies I've dealt with would do that
themselves as part of their workflow. You may be offering to, or they
may be trying to get you to do some of the work for them in order to
reduce costs....  But if your process omits stuff by mistake or
includes too much, it's going to effect the end quality. So I'd be
very careful doing it yourself instead of having them do it.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.