FM 8 no longer generating PDFs with bookmarks for the Acrobat Bookmarks pane

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Mar 4 09:45:37 PST 2009

WRONG! Regardless of the merits and foibles of the "save as PDF" facility in
various versions of FrameMaker, all in fact explicitly use the Distiller.
How do think the PostScript is turned into PDF otherwise? FrameMaker
(exceptionally unfortunately) unlike InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
does NOT have the ability to directly export PDF using the Adobe PDF Library.

	- Dov