Error generating WebHelp/WebHelpPlus output in Flare v4.2

David Schor dsch.tw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:33:38 PST 2009

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to make a trial run during my first Flare v4.2 project. I
imported FrameMaker 7.2 files as my sources, and for now at least, graphics
are included. However, I received an error message, both during FM import
and now, during WebHelp/WebHelpPlus output generation:

"Compiler (Internal Error): Found the path
 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrodist.exe
 to Adobe Distiller but the executable doesn't exist.
Adobe Distiller is required for converting Adobe FrameMaker graphics.
Aborted."

Problem is that Acrobat 7.1, not 8, is installed on my PC. During FM import,
the process continued and I was able to open the sources with the graphics
in Flare. However, when I attempted a trial run at generating output, this
error appeared and aborted the task. No output.

So, is Flare v4.2 only support Acrobat 8, meaning I must purchase an upgrade
in order to work with Flare? Or is there a way to fix this problem in the
configuration?

System parameters: Windows XP Professional SP3, FM 7.2, Flare 4.2, Acrobat
7.1 Professional, Acrobat Distiller 7.1

TIA,
David

--