Yen instead of bullets

Anne Urban agu at pbspro.com
Wed Mar 4 14:05:24 PST 2009

Frame 7.0, Power Macintosh Release 7.0p492
PowerMac G5, 2G memory, 230 G HD
Mac OS X 10.4.11, Frame runs in Classic version 1.9 build

Dear Framers,

I have put myself in a hole and am stuck here.  The problem
is that when I produce a PDF by distilling PostScript, or
when I print directly, my bullets show up as yen, and my
apostrophes don't show up at all.  This is new, but I haven't
changed Frame or Distiller.  I did, however, install Acrobat
9 Pro recently.

I looked at the MIF; bullets show up there as \xa5, apostrophes
show up as \xd5.

I've tried setting the printer to Adobe PDF 7.0 and Adobe PDF 9.0.
I've tried choosing TrueType as the preferred format.
(I'm a font ignoramus.)
The font is TimesNewRoman.

I would love to be able to print again.  Argh.  Thanks.

Regards,
-Anne Urban