re-use 101

Flato, Gillian gflato at nanometrics.com
Wed Mar 11 09:19:07 PDT 2009

The easiest way to do it is the following:

1. Have 7 Frame book files
2. The book files can share chapter files that are mostly similar;
likewise, they don't share chapters that are radically different for
each manual.
3. Within the chapters, apply conditional text to the minor differences

With this method, you simply set the conditions as needed before your
build your book. When you build your book or PDF, you generate the
manual and only the text conditioned to that manual displays.

This is the method that I use. It's much easier, cheaper and manageable
then DITA.

-Gillian