Trial version of FrameMaker 9

Wed Mar 11 09:33:19 PDT 2009

Madeleine r Dimond wrote:

> I have been assigned the task of evaluating FrameMaker 9. Before I
install
> the trial version, I wanted to ask whether it will interfere with my
> FrameMaker 8 installation; I'd hate for the trial version to uninstall
the
> previous version.  I'm on Windows XP SP2 with FrameMaker 8.0p277.

FM 9 will politely coexist with FM 8. FM has always been very good about
allowing multiple versions on one PC, each in its own installation
directory. The only caveat is that the Windows file associations will be
updated so that .fm, .book, and .mif point to FM 9. But it's a simple
matter to change them back to FM 8 in Windows Explorer.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.