[semi-OT] Anyone having problems with this morning's Acrobat and Reader patches?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 10:28:47 PDT 2009

I'm working in a mixed Acrobat 8/9 environment, and in the wake of
applying the 9.1 upgrade to my system, things have gotten a little
strange.

(Because some co-workers are running 8, I think they received the
complementary 8 security patch to fix the Java execution security
hole, but I don't _know_ that.)

In any case, after the required system reboot, the first time I ran
9.1 Acrobat, some tools -- like the Comment set -- didn't exist. I
shut it down and restarted Acrobat, and they showed up.

At about the same time, my co-worker was working in 8 on a shared
review on a remote server. Her existing comments didn't show up. The
review server is also acting flakey.

Any thoughts? Anyone having similar issues?

Thanks,
Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com