framemaker to pdf question

Baruch Brodersen baruch at technitext.com
Mon Mar 16 04:44:23 PDT 2009

Rebecca,

PDF/A is an ISO standard for long term preservation of documents. PDF/A
means PDF for Archiving. If your document doesn't meet the standards, for
instance, if it lacks a required ID field in the trailer dictionary, it
won't meet validity tests and no PDF will be produced.

Try changing your Adobe PDF settings to anything other than PDF/A... or
PDF/X...
In FrameMaker's PDF Setup dialog Format > Document > PDF Setup > Tags tab,
deselect Generate Tagged PDF, and you should be OK.

Baruch Brodersen