FrameMaker and Accessibility

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 17 02:57:50 PDT 2009

Madeline,

We comply with the 508 code and we use an icon along with the word NOTE and
any text the writers needs to add.

I created a 2-celled table on the reference page, anchored a frame in the
left cell, and placed the icon in the frame by using frame below in the tag
in the text frame.  The right cell contains a tag with autonumber text
saying NOTE: I called the table Note.  When I place the table, the icon
automatically displays in the left cell and the word NOTE in the right cell.
The writers add whatever text they need.  I can send you an FM file offline
if you want to see how it works.

Diane Gaskill
Hitachi Data Systems