Font and Graphic problems after installing Acrobat 9.0

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Mar 18 11:55:26 PDT 2009

I would start by removing Adobe Type Manager from her system. It is an
old, essentially unsupported Adobe product and was not *really* intended
to be used after Windows NT or Windows 2000 (I forget which). ATM may be
interacting improperly with the built-in font support inside Windows XP.

Frankly, the font control and support inside the newer operating systems
are better than what you can get with ATM, since that has not been
touched in ages by Adobe.