FM9: Hyperlinks in IOR doen't work in PDF

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Fri Mar 20 03:46:59 PDT 2009

Yves,

You wrote:

 > I've got a hyperlinked index of references (IOR) in my FM9 book. In my PDF,
 > however, the hyperlinks no longer work.
 >
 > Is anyone else seeing this?

I tested this by adding a IOR to the sample "ecology" book provided with
FrameMaker (samples/overview/book).

Links do work in FrameMaker as well as in the generated PDF.

However, links to automatically-generated paragraphs in generated files (eg
nnnTOC paragraphs in the TOC file) do not work in FrameMaker, showing the
following message when Ctrl-Alt-clicking them: "Cannot find object
specified in hypertext command". (As can expected, these links do not work
in the PDF either).
This behavior is identical in FM7.2 and FM8.0.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants

"Effective PDF Bookmarks with FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers" one-hour webinar (free)
Monday, March 23, starting 10am PDT | 1pm EDT | 17pm UTC/GMT
[ to reserve your seat, visit https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/340820455 ]