Structured docs or conditional text

Carl Yorke Carl.Yorke at playtag.com
Tue Mar 24 15:10:34 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I came to tech writing late in life (ten years ago), so there's a lot
about it, and technology, that doesn't come naturally.

I want to single source my install instructions. All outputs right now
are PDF, but I need to document how to install our product for
production, for QA, and for demos. In addition, the install instructions
vary depending on the hardware.

Conditional text seems awfully complex for this situation, and I don't
even know if using structured FrameMaker is a possible solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Carl Yorke

TAG Systems