Structure Disappearing in One FrameMaker File

Indira Rimkeit irimkeit at redback.com
Wed Mar 25 10:46:54 PDT 2009

Hi Framers,

One of the writers on my team has a file she has had to recreate three times from scratch, because the structure disappeared. One time it disappeared when she was working on it. She finally gave up and is using the unstructured file in her structured book.

I checked the template and it has the formats from the structured template, but all structured elements and objects are now unstructured again.

She assures me that she has FrameMaker set to Structured mode and in fact she is using it with many structured files successfully. This is the only file that is exhibiting this symptom.

Does anyone know how this could be occurring or what she could be doing that is causing this file to become unstructured?

Indira Rimkeit
Ericsson Packet Networks
Technical Publications