FrameMaker 9

RJ Jacquez rjacquez at adobe.com
Thu Mar 26 20:42:08 PDT 2009

Hi Pat, something else you may want to take a look at is an eLearning session I did a couple weeks ago on how to get the most out of the new User Interface in FrameMaker 9.  Many Frame users have found it useful as they look at the new features in fm9, and here's the link to the recording: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p17912987/

I'm also working on some of the features that Sheila mentioned in the review below, which are actually there, like the ability to replace missing fonts and how the "Start Meeting" works in both FrameMaker 9 and RoboHelp 8 through Acrobat.com and will post a few short Captivate movies on how exactly these features work, just to make sure these are clear to anyone interested in looking at the new version of Frame.

In addition, I will be hosting an eLearning session on exactly how the Import PDF comments work, probably after I return from WritersUA, keep an eye on my blog for an announcement.

A couple more things regarding the review, on page 5, there's a mention of how to get back to the book view of a DITAMap file and the correct way of doing this is through Window > Composite Documents.

Also, on Page 3, there's a mention of a bug regarding the Ctrl+F8, F9, which was addressed in the recent patch we released, so now you can apply paragraph and character styles using the above keyboard shortcuts and F8 and F9, too.

Furthermore throughout the review, there are mentions about how to reset workspaces and other issues with the new user interface, and again if you want to know more about this, please check out the link above which goes through the entire process.

Sincerely,

RJ Jácquez
Senior Product Evangelist
Adobe Technical Communication Suite