FrameMaker 9 Welcome Screen

RJ Jacquez rjacquez at adobe.com
Thu Mar 26 20:55:54 PDT 2009

One of the drivers behind our decision for the Welcome Screen in FM9 came from new users' feedback, who found themselves launching FrameMaker to a blank screen and didn't know exactly where to start.

However I do agree that there should be a preference somewhere for turning it off for more seasoned users, but like Mike, I find it extremely usefully for displaying my recent files as soon as I launch the product.

The good news is that for those of you, who find it odd, it goes away as soon as you open a frame doc.

Sincerely,

RJ Jácquez
Senior Product Evangelist
Adobe Technical Communication Suite